Thursday, April 23, 2015

What I have learned today [2015/4/22]


1. Tesla which has arguably the best battery technology is introducing home/ utility batteries. If these batteries are good then Tesla's stock will skyrocket. Also, it would be an awesome efficiency gain for the world. Imagine powering remote places or developing nations, wow, I am very excited ^^ Also, I will consider investing in Tesla if they become a battery company :D

2. Japan's Taco Bell has some interesting menus including shrimp burritos, fajita stuffed quesadilla, and  cinamon tostada chips...hmmm...they sound interesting and somewhat delicious but I wonder if Japanese will like them. I am sure Taco Bell did some market research and experimenting but the menu does not seem to be geared to Japanese...Looks like a menu that I would find in LA.

3. People are 1.4x times more likely to watch ads when watching YouTube on mobile. I am not surprised because you can't really open another window to do something and you are probably bored anyway so even the ads are better than sheer boredom. But I wonder how many actually recognize the ad though...should do a test whether not skipping is really related to brand/ product awareness.

4. Arab Youth survey shows that they want to live in UAE. I just wonder how many the youth surveyed actually lived abroad or at least traveled. Of course, Dubai is very nice but other countries also offer a lot as well.

5. People tend to hold on to whatever minimum authority that they have to show their power and worth....I think this is basic survival instinct but this creates absurd bureaucracies and a tsunami of inefficiencies.



*From Penguin Watch

No comments:

Post a Comment