Thursday, April 16, 2015

What I have learned today [2015/4/15]


1. IRS help desk is low on people. This is quite shocking because I would expect the Uncle Sam to do everything to collect taxes but I guess not.


2. Dang....74 million dollar worth of restricted stocks granted but valued at zero.
If that was the case, then the CEO should be indifferent about receiving the restricted stock or not...This is just really bad corporate governance practice....

3. Paulson defends that banking is a noble profession. I completely agree that banking is a noble profession but it has been tainted by mercenaries and skewed incentives.

4. Wow...the US spends combined 54% of taxes on military and health?! This is disturbing. The US has already the mightiest army in the history of humanity. Is the US trying to conquer Mars? I have high respect for the military but I think we can cut down a bit on the military. Wow! Health insurance, really? Better start a new health movement. Or start taxing high caloric foods more.



5. Greatest trading mistakes of great investors. I am always humbled by the humbleness of great investors. The ability to admit that one made a mistake is critical in investing :D If not the market will humble you....



*From Snapshot Serengeti

No comments:

Post a Comment