Friday, June 19, 2015

What I have learned today [2015/6/22]

1. Expect hiccups and side-effects from virtual reality. I think we should be careful when testing new technology but I believe

2. Schmidt Pain Index is a pain measure created by Schmidt who described the pain for different kind of insect bites and stings. This measure probably has some bias since it is based on one person but I admire Schmidt's passion. This is what I call research :D

3. I guess smaller bags does make things more efficient in flying. I think we should just buy and use less stuff and live a more simple life :p

4. Carnival is building a ship that can have more than 7,000 people. I believe the cruise industry will enjoy some uptrend with the new richer Chinese and Indians going cruises but I am not sure if we need mega ships. I think the economy of scale is almost negative in mega ships due to risks of contagion, crime, and safety.


5. $195 million home for sale in LA. I like big homes but this seems way too expensive. I am pretty sure there are better investments than buying $195 million home. You can buy islands, ranches, castles, and doomsday bunkers and you will still have money left over.

 


From Snapshot Serengeti

No comments:

Post a Comment