Saturday, July 11, 2015

Cheaper Airline [2015/7/11]

So a concept of space maximizing plane seats has been introduced. Basically, the

plane saves space and weight by having passengers seat in zig-zag form, making them look at each other.

Ohhh... how uncomfortable. Well...it is but if it means cheaper flights, I am all for it. Heck,

for a short trip, I think it's definitely worth it.

Also, I am willing to weigh myself to pay less. Why not?

I think more choices for passengers is great for aviation. Lower cost of flying, more

mobility, more interactions, more creativity and learning. The increased choice for

cheaper flight increases the utility of the passengers who want to fly cheaply.

Would I always want the cheapest flight possible? Not always, I don't go on United Airlines

after they made a mess with my luggage and provided really awful customer service.

But still given reasonable quality, I would not mind cheaper flights with less comfort. The

money saved can be used to help the poor, invested, or be used for more interesting

uses.

So let us not complain about cost cutting measures. If you want better service then just

be sure that you are ready to pay for it ^^



 From Snapshot Serengeti

No comments:

Post a Comment